Thursday, February 4, 2010

What this blog is about

Hello fellow Christians and those who are curious about Christianity. I decided to do this blog because in the last 6 months, I've painfully become aware of something drastic and very important. Many Christians do not know more than the basics. I was one of these, and I admittedly have a long ways to go before I can consider myself "heavily knowledgeable" in my religion.

Q: What do you mean many Christians don't know more than the basics?
A: Growing up, I was taught about God, and how he had sent His beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to us to die on the cross and become our Saviour. I knew that Moses led his people out of Egypt and parted the Red Sea, I knew that Job was tested by God, I knew that Jonah was in a big fish/whale for three days, I knew we all sin and need Jesus for our forgiveness. Any Christian knows these things. But what about the rest? How many know what Judaic Law consists of? How many know what Jesus said other than John 3:16? I've looked around and have found out that the majority of Christians (myself included) couldn't answer more than the basic questions. It's a very scary thought to think. So I felt I would start out a topic once a week or month, and go into detail about each thing. Then hopefully we can all learn together the fullness of what Jesus taught and what God's word encompasses.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment